Learn the secrets of some of the most amazing Sicilian dishes during our week long Cooking Experience in Modica, Sicily.
June 3rd – 10th, 2023
Do you LOVE Italian food? Have you yet indulged your senses in Sicilian Food? If not you are MISSING OUT! For those who already know the amazing flavors of Sicilian cooking, it’s your turn to learn the secrets of preparing these elegant dishes.
Spend 7 days in a luxury villa learning the culinary art of Sicilian cooking while also exploring this beautiful island during multiple group excursions
The cooking lessons will be held by a renowned chef with more than twenty years of experience. The chef retraces the old culinary traditions of the housewives of the past, ensuring the most exquisite tastes.
Modica, Sicily is one of eight UNESCO Heritage ‘Val di Noto’ towns and cities in south-eastern Sicily. The towns architectural landscape is filled with stunning baroque facades, extravagant churches and beautiful palaces; the old and new connected by a maze of narrow streets and staircases.
Along with the beautiful architecture, Modica is most famous for it’s chocolate! Even the culture snobs pay Sicily’s oldest chocolate factory, Antica Dolceria Bonajuto, a visit, where the odd queue is worth it for wildly delicious bars of “cold” crumbly chocolate and cannoli.
Sample Itinerary (subject to change): June 3-10, 2023
Cooking lessons are provided daily, primarily in the morning to help you perfect your skills on some traditional Sicilian and Modicana dishes.
The main excursions planned are:
1) Visit to the Ancient Dolceria Bonajuto, to see where the famous chocolates are made.
2) Visit to the first, and only artisan company that produces glass objects completely be hand.
3) An evening dinner in a farmhouse with an added insight of the cheese making procedure for ricotta and other cheeses.
4) Winery visit and dinner on sight: in one of the best wineries in the area: CANTINA RIO FAVARA
5) Lunch at the best restaurant in Portopalo, with the freshest fish straight from the fisherman (and owner of the restaurant) to the consumer.
6) Tour of the city of Syracuse OR Visit to the Oasis of Vendicari with a guide
THE ACCOMMODATIONS: VILLA CAMMARATINI
This luxury villa has 7 bedrooms, large dining area, kitchen for cooking classes, a large POOL, two annexes and a great outdoor space to relax and enjoy the Sicilian beauty.
Sprinkled by century’s old olive trees and carub monumental trees designed as a mosaic by a path of typical stone made walls. “Villa Cammaratini” is a luxury abode, obtained through a wise renovation, from an antique farm house built in the first years of the last century.
- Transportation to and from the Catania airport
- Accommodation for 7 nights
- All tours finalized in the itinerary
- Cooking lessons
- Meals listed in finalized itinerary
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
• All airfares, departure taxes & fuel surcharges, seat selection
• Personal items
• Optional Tours
• Meals unless listed in itinerary
• Travel Insurance
• Visa/passport handling fees
- N1: Small Twin or Double Bedroom: 2300 / person for double occupancy
- N2: Small Twin or Double Bedroom: 2200 / person for double occupancy (shares bathroom with single room occupied by chef)
- Standard Twin or Double Bedroom: 2400 / person for double occupancy
- Standard Double or Triple bedroom: 2400 / person for double occupancy or $2100 / person for triple occupancy
- Standard Superior Bedroom: 2550 / person for double occupancy
- Suite Twin or Double Bedroom: 2800 / person for double occupancy
$500 Nonrefundable Deposit Due: April 1st, 2023
Full payment due: May 1st, 2023
SEE BEDROOMS HERE
For The Trip: Any cancellation will result in a total loss of the $500 USD deposit. Any cancellation made between: April 1, 2023 and April 30, 2023 will result in a loss of 50% of the trip price. Any cancellation made between: May 1, 2023 and the trip departure will result in a total loss of funds. We reserve the right to cancel the trip, (if we do so your deposit is refunded in full). Trip cancellation insurance is HIGHLY recommended.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 AND IMPACT ON TRAVEL
You should be aware that COVID-19 and the health and security measures around COVID-19 may impact elements of this trip and influence the operation of some travel services. Iceland, and the airline(s) you are traveling on may all have strict requirements on travel to limit the spread of COVID-19.
These requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Wearing of masks at airports, while in flight and when out in public.
- Active testing for COVID-19 that may include blood testing before permission is granted to board any flight or enter a country.
- Being able to show proof of health via formalized means (Certificate or similar).
- Subject to screening on arrival at your destination country or any transit countries.
- Subject to quarantine periods in any country subject to screening results.
- Changing restrictions on sightseeing, due to closures or other public health concerns.
- Subject to limitation/restrictions on travel to the destination by your country of residence/citizenship.
- Possible compulsory quarantine on return to your country of residence/citizenship.
COVID-19 is causing constant and ongoing changes in the application of the above types of measures and the way an airline, airport or country chooses to deal with the threat of COVID is constantly changing.
We will keep you as informed as we can, however, it is also your responsibility to stay informed of all requirements in relation to your travels and any COVID-19 based restrictions, and I suggest these are constantly monitored right up until departure, as they can change at any time. See Travel.State.Gov or the CDC website.